From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] OT How many races are there?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:27:54 -0500

They looked into using a term other than race. However, race conveys the
closest meaning to the general population.

It takes a bit of marketing to get people, especially fairly recent
immigrants, to turn in the census. They may self-identify with these groups
better than larger groupss. They considered removing Negro, but many Blacks
objected.

Bob Stafford