From: "Raymond Whritenour" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] OT How many races are there?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:39:53 -0400

I think this post by Ann Turner provides the best answer to this question, so far. If there is "no such thing as race," then how is the AncestrybyDNA (aka, DNAPrint) test able to distinguish the major biogeographical ancestry (out of four possibilities historically called "races") for EVERY single individual they test (excepting people with roughly equal amounts of two or more racial backgrounds)? "Race" is not a synonym for "species" (in a scientific taxonomy sense).

Ray Whritenour