From: "Raymond Whritenour" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] OT How many races are there?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:40:18 -0400

Okay. So, this study states: "without using prior information about the origins of individuals, we identified six main genetic clusters, five of which correspond to major geographic regions, and subclusters that often correspond to individual populations."

To me, this says they found five or six main genetic cluster we call "races," and subclusters within the main genetic clusters, which we call "ethnicities." So, why didn't they find seven, eight, or fifteen main genetic clusters?

Ray Whritenour