From: vernade didier <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b1* and J* in Bali, Indonesia
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:13:14 +0000 (GMT)

I still didn't find (and didn't read the article) but on the basis of what was posted here I think a migration around 18000 years ago , both for R1b* and J* is possible . What appears is that R1b* area of dispersion is even wider than already known . There might be some reason for such an ease to move to new places.
I don't know if this can be related but dogs were found to be of ancient origin both in Asia and in Africa (with contest on who is first). R1b* is by now the only link I know of . It doesn't necessarily mean R1b is at the origin but they may have played a role in a fast dispersion of dogs. Just a thought...

Didier