Subject: [DNA] Expected NPE's Over 800-1000 Years
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:37:02 EDT

We have 22 Britton families in our project. One is known to be the
result of a recent NPE and another may be the result of an 18th century NPE.

I think I've seen estimates somewhere about the number of NPE's likely to
occur over a certain period of time and am wondering whether there is any
method I can use to estimate how many of these 21 lines are likely to be
NPE's and how many are likely to have used the name Britton since surnames
were adopted.

At present only one line (mine) goes back to a known 17th century ancestor
and we have tested lines of descent from two of his sons, but another line
probably goes back at least that far, a third goes back to the mid-18th
century, and a couple of others go back to c 1800.

Lindsey

This thread: