From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Age of R1b Cohane
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:26:45 -0600

Of course I am looking at these pair of messages from the outside without
knowing the details, but if Vass's "a+b" age is a coalescence age obtained
for the sum of the a and b samples, that's about what one would expect if
the true interclade node age were about 5400 years. The coalescence age for
sum of two populations is some average between the separate population
coalescence ages and the interclade node age.

Ken