From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Map of Indian haplogroups in Indonesia
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:22:35 -0400

On Mar 18, 2010, at 10:01 PM, argiedude wrote:

> Together with these 2 samples there were 2 samples of R1b1*.

There were NO samples identified as R1b1*. The samples are
R1b1(xM269). I'm just trying to ensure that the list is not misled by
your mischaracterization.

> And you're not considering the main point of my post.

No, I just don't care about the "main point" of your post. What I
care about is that you are telling people that R1b1* is found
someplace where it wasn't. These samples (if they are even
legitimate, which I honestly won't be sure of until I've seen the
haplotypes or a second confirming study), could just as well be
R1b1b1. And THAT, given the attested contact between Bali and China
(among other places) would not be the least bit incredible.

VV

This thread: