From: Kamel GAZZAH <>
Subject: [DNA] Equivalent Mutations ,relationship between clades and phylogentic tree of Y Chromosome
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:16:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,
Equivalent Mutations ,relationship between clades and phylogentic tree of Y Chromosome

By reference to Ytree.ftdna draft version maintained by Thomas,
equivalent mutations are mutations which are dispalyed in the same line
(example M410,L152,L212)
This means that all people who have one of these mutations have also the other ones
but I wonder if is that 100% sure ?

1-For example, are we sure that all people who are M410+ are also L152+ and L212+ ?
Is it interesting to test some perons who are J2a* with deletion in DYS447 for L152 and L212 ?
if we find people who are M410+ are L152- or are L212- it will change dramatically the J2a phylogenetic tree

2-the same question for L26, L27, L228
if we find people wo are who are L26+ and L228-, it will change the J2a4 phylogenetic tree

3- the same question for L24, L207.1 (J2a4h)

4-the same question for M92, M260 (J2a4b1)

Another question, who is ready or interested to pay for such tests which are very usefull to update the phylogenetic tree ?
Is it up to the testing companies like FTDNA, or to academic researchers or to us, the clients of testing companies ?

Kamel Gazzah
YDNA J2a41(L24,L25,L192.2,L271)
MT DNA T2b3
www.ftdna.com/public/j2-arab