From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Abbot, Chandler and Dane in Colonial Andover
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:15:35 -0400

Robert wrote:
> Author and scientist Elinor Abbot wrote a book about the founding
> of Andover, Massachusetts. That book, Our Company Increases Apace,
> identifies the Abbot, Chandler and Dane families as “Old Briton’s” who
> emigrated from Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, England to
> Massachusetts. USA.

My question is: how could you take an assertion like that seriously?
The parentage of the emigrant John Dane is not established, and the
line of emigrant William Chandler has been traced back only a century
or so. These are mightly slender threads to hang an ethnic origin.

John Chandler

This thread: