From: "Martha H. Bowes" <>
Subject: [DNA] Question about mtDNA full sequence test
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:02:28 -0700

I am in mtDNA haplogroup K based on the low and high resolution hyper variable region tests. I got curious about exploring this further and ordered the full sequence mtDNA test, which has not yet been performed due to a delay at the lab. But now I see that among my high-resolution matches there are two who have done the full sequence test, and when looking at the haplogroups for all my matches, the two under the high resolution matches that have done the full sequence come out with the same subclade. Might I have just deduced that I would have the same subclade as these two and saved myself a handful of money? Is there really any additional value in my doing the full sequence test? Can it show matches that do not show up on the hyper variable region tests? Anything else?

Thanks in advance, Martha
[Please excuse any voice recognition errors I may have missed.]

This thread: