Subject: Re: [DNA] Question about mtDNA full sequence test
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:17:40 EDT

Many people will remain H* after a full genome sequence. There are 39
subclades at http://phylotree.org , but it takes three distinct sequences with
the same motif before a new subclade label is applied. If you upload your
sequence to GenBank, you may help define a new branch with your "private"
mutations (ones that are not currently used to define a subclade).

Martha, you may or may not end up in the same subclade as your HVR matches,
but more importantly, you may have some private mutations that will be very
informative. These would rule out some of your matches - they don't add new
names to your list.

When I write custom reports for people, I include information about whether
their private mutations have been observed at all in their haplogroup,
along with the medical implications. You can write me off-list for more details
about my reports.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 3/20/2010 3:02:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> Martha,
> I just received a report on my Full Genome Scan. It is "no matches." I
> expected something further for my expenditure, such as a refinement to my
> former (and current?) H* designation and have queried FTDNA.

This thread: