From: Russell Miller <>
Subject: [DNA] Family Finder rollout
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:21:27 -0400

Hello all, I gave FTDNA my e-mail about a month ago from their
website, for notification of when I could purchase the new Family
Finder test. I just received an e-mail from them Friday (yesterday the
19th) after they close for the weekend (see below). They gave no way
to order on-line and no one answers the phone until Monday. This does
not allow much time or options to order. I pay with a check so I guess
I will be left out after waiting a month for this. (With 4 members in
my family that I wanted to test, I refuse to pay any more than the
original offer for any of us). It is to bad because I have a huge well
Documented Family Tree. Others could have benefited from my documented
tree. For me, I will just forget about this test and any other tests
after this from FTDNA. It is their product so they are free to do as
they wish.

Here is the message I received (with the price left out to not violate
the rules) >

"Family Tree DNA is pleased to inform you that Kit Number ****** has
been selected for phased rollout of our newest test: the Family
Finder. During this limited release, and until the general release,
the Family Finder test will have an introductory price of $***.
This offer is good until midnight CST of the 23rd of March, 2010. All
orders must be PAID BY THAT DATE and orders placed but not paid will
be cancelled when we formally launch the product."

This thread: