From: "Tom Gull" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] OT How many races are there?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 19:10:21 -0400

The problem with the analogy is that there are only two genders and clear
differences between them. In the quoted speech, she notes that the genes
that produce the visual differences categorized as "racial" are not a
checklist where you belong to Race A because you have all of Race A's
checklist ticked off. The genes are found in different combinations in
different people and there is a continuum of these combinations - making it
not something where we can accurately bucket each living human into solely
one race or another based on their genes. If the whole construct is based
on visual classification and we've proven it just doesn't work by going
beneath the covers and finding that people are broad mixes of all these
genes, what's the point of holding on to the constructs?