From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Native American DNA
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:51:36 -0500

It is true that the latest politically correct hypothesis is that all Native
Americans descend from a single crossing. Recent genetic research papers
bend over backwards not to contradict this. The lack of absolute proof of
multiple crossings is translated into deceptive terms like "the evidence
does not support [i.e., absolutely require] multiple crossings."

Unfortunately, we have very 67-marker examples of C3, particularly of the
Native American variety; and of course, naysayers can always claim that a
given example of Native American C3 is actually from European admixture.
But if use Nordtvedt's Generations5 to compare (NJA49, URH7R) vs. (DSG9V,
3R5AW, YVN6R), and make an adjustment for the null DYS448 in the latter, the
interclade age is only 266 generations, about 8000 years.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Al Aburto
> These two recent references refer to a "unified group" crossing the
> Bearing Strait with no support for direct Pacific or Atlantic crossings:
> http://www.psc.edu/science/Merri/merri.html
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090428223836.htm

This thread: