From: Sam Sloan <>
Subject: [DNA] The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy byLothrop Stoddard
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:05:24 -0400

The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy

by Lothrop Stoddard

Foreword by Sam Sloan

This book was made famous by a one-page mention in “The Great Gatsby”,
a novel which remains today the most popular work of fiction ever
written. These lines were also repeated word for word in the movie by
that name starring Robert Redford.

Here is a direct quote from page 15 of “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott
Fitzgerald, ISBN 4871878406 .

"Civilization's going to pieces," broke out Tom violently. "I've
gotten to be a terrible pessimist about things. Have you read 'The
Rise of the Colored Empires' by this man Goddard?"

"Why, no," I answered, rather surprised by his tone.

"Well, it's a fine book, and everybody ought to read it. The idea is
if we don't look out the white race will be--will be utterly
submerged. It's all scientific stuff; it's been proved."

"Tom's getting very profound," said Daisy with an expression of
unthoughtful sadness. "He reads deep books with long words in them.
What was that word we----"

"Well, these books are all scientific," insisted Tom, glancing at her
impatiently. "This fellow has worked out the whole thing. It's up to
us who are the dominant race to watch out or these other races will
have control of things."

"We've got to beat them down," whispered Daisy, winking ferociously
toward the fervent sun.

"You ought to live in California--" began Miss Baker but Tom
interrupted her by shifting heavily in his chair.

"This idea is that we're Nordics. I am, and you are and you are
and----" After an infinitesimal hesitation he included Daisy with a
slight nod and she winked at me again. "--and we've produced all the
things that go to make civilization--oh, science and art and all that.
Do you see?"

“There was something pathetic in his concentration as if his
complacency, more acute than of old, was not enough to him any more.”

There are a few inaccuracies in the above quote, probably put in to
avoid a libel suit by Mr. Stoddard. The name of the real book is “The
Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy”. The real author
was Lothrop Stoddard, not Goddard. However, that was not entirely a
mistake, as Henry H. Goddard was a prominent American psychologist and
eugenicist.

This book, “The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy” is
one of the most virulently racist books ever written. However, it
makes some perfectly valid points. The main point to the book is that
it was written in 1920. World War I, then called “The Great War”, had
just ended with 15 million people killed. The author states that with
White European People constantly killing each other and with the
so-called “Colored People” not killing each other, or at least not so
frequently, plus having a higher birth rate, the inevitable result
will be that the “colored people” will take over the whole world
including Europe.

However, what Lothrop Stoddard considered to be colored people was a
far larger group. He considers not only Black Africans, but Chinese,
Native Americans and even Spaniards, Greeks and Italians to be
“colored”.

Then, Stoddard includes maps showing how these “colored people” are
taking over the territory and will eventually be pushing out “The
Great Nordic Race”, consisting of Swedes, Norwegians and Northern
Germans.

The book contains a lot of “information” now known to be wrong. For
example, it states that the Human Race originated in Eurasia,
specifically in the area of the Ural Mountains north of the Black and
Caspian Seas. Nobody believes that any more, although the
Indo-European Family of Languages is believed to have originated
there. It is now known that humanity originated Ethiopia. (I would
like to make a joke about Kenya here and the subsequent recent Kenyan
take-over of the United States of America, but I cannot think of a
good one.) All men alive today are known to be descended from a man
who lived in African about 60,000 years ago. However, that one man
mated with several different women, a diverse group, so that the
common origin of all women today was 150,000 years ago. See “The
Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey”, ISBN 0812971469, and a National
Geographic documentary of the same title.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/12/1212_021213_journeyofman.html

It might seem illogical that the most recent common origin of all men
alive today lived 60,000 years ago but the most recent common origin
of all women alive today lived 150,000 years ago, but that result is
not illogical all. When the descendants of that one man reached India
for example, he mated with the women he found already there, who had
arrived in previous migrations. There were other men already there,
before this new foreigner arrived, but their male lines eventually all
“daughtered out”.

An additional factor is that men have the tendency to kill each other.
The women are the survivors and they mate with which ever man is left
alive.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090428223836.htm

There is a new theory based on an article by Peter Frost entitled,
“It's true! Stone age blondes had more fun.” This theory notes that
most women in the world have black hair. However, Northern European
women alone have a wide variety in hair color, ranging from blond to
red to brown and every shade in between. Also, all peoples of the
world agree that the most beautiful women in the world are the blond
hair, blue eyed type only found in Northern Europe.

Peter Frost's explanation for this is “sexual selection”. The areas
where blond hair predominate are also the areas that were covered with
ice during the last Ice Age. A woman standing on top of the ice during
the last Ice Age could be seen and identified as an attractive woman
from miles away, if she had blond hair. However, merely attracting a
man was not sufficient. Almost any woman, no matter how ugly, can
attract a man at least once for sex. To survive in the Ice Age, she
needed food. A woman in Central Africa did not need a man to survive.
She could pick berries and nuts from the trees. However, in Northern
Europe during the Ice Age, the food consisted of caribou, reindeer and
sea animals such as seals. Women were not physically strong enough to
chase and catch such animals. Therefore, she need to catch a man who
would bring her food consistently. To get that man, she needed to be
beautiful. Thus, the beautiful women survived. The ugly girls starved
to death.

It was a cruel world.

In spite of the many things we now know to be wrong, such as the
statement in the book that human beings originated in Eurasia, one
should not be too hard on “The Rising Tide of Color Against White
World-Supremacy”. In the first place, it was written in 1920, which
was before the first old bones were discovered showing the true
origins of humanity. In addition, DNA was not even known to exist much
less be studied. Also, there are still many people alive today who
subscribe to the theories set forth in “The Rising Tide of Color
Against White World-Supremacy”. (Most of them are stupid people.)
Finally, the basic theme of the author is that in order to prevent
this take over by the “coloreds”, Northern Europeans should stop
killing each other. That is a laudable goal.

It does not really matter that DNA analysis has proven that all humans
originated in Africa. What does matter is what people believe. The
vast majority of people alive today, including even intelligent,
educated people, still believe that Africans and Europeans have a
different origin. We now know the dangers of such beliefs, because of
first the rise and then the fall of Nazi Germany. The Nazis clearly
believed themselves to be racially superior. There were good reasons
in that era to believe that “The Great Nordic Race” that Stoddard
repeatedly mentions in his book, were superior to all other people.
Almost all of Africa and most of Asia was essentially a European
Colony. England, Belgium, Portugal, the Netherlands and Germany all
had colonies in Africa. India was controlled by England. The huge
islands that now make up Indonesia were owned by the tiny Netherlands.
Indo-China was French. Singapore was British. The major port cities of
China were European. Until relatively recently, all of North, Central
and South America had been colonies of England, Spain, Portugal or
France.

We all know what the result was of this thinking in “The Rising Tide
of Color Against White World-Supremacy”. The Nazis came to power,
decided that they were superior to all others, and to kill everybody
else other than themselves.

There is a recent posting of close-up pictures of Hungarians about to
be led to the gas chambers. They seem to be nice looking, well dressed
and obviously affluent people who had no idea that they were about to
be gassed and thrown into crematoriums.

http://www1.yadvashem.org/exhibitions/album_Auschwitz/mutimedia/index.HTML

This is why we need to be familiar with books such as “The Rising Tide
of Color Against White World-Supremacy”. It is not merely to know
where this kind of thinking leads and what happened before. It is also
to be alert to the fact that it could very well happen again, and that
some “Decider” type politician could take power and do the same things
again.

Sam Sloan
New York NY
USA