From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Native American DNA
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:15:53 -0500

I included nearby 67-marker examples.

According to Generations5, comparing (NJA49, URH7R, PETCD) against (DSG9V,
3R5AW, YVN6R, BK4A3, CQYS8), the interclade age is 279 generations, or about
8400 years. Anyone who disputes whether the first group has authentic
Native American patrilineage is more than welcome to finance the 67-marker
upgrade of other Native American C3 men.

Generations5 cannot directly handle the nulls at DYS448, so I replaced them
with a value 2 steps away from that in the other cluster. The other cluster
has DYS448 = 19, so the above number reflects replacement of the nulls with
17 or 21 (both of which yield the same interclade age). Replacement instead
with a number 1 step away (18 or 20) results in an interclade age of 254
generations, or 7600 years.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Lawrence Mayka
> But if use Nordtvedt's Generations5 to compare (NJA49, URH7R) vs. (DSG9V,
> 3R5AW, YVN6R), and make an adjustment for the null DYS448 in the latter,
the
> interclade age is only 266 generations, about 8000 years.

This thread: