From: Al Calkins <>
Subject: [DNA] Native American
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:39:58 -0600

RE:
ate: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 06:53:02 -0700
From: Al Aburto <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Native American DNA

Sam,
These two recent references refer to a "unified group" crossing the
Bearing Strait with no support for direct Pacific or Atlantic crossings:
http://www.psc.edu/science/Merri/merri.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090428223836.htm

Perhaps my following comment is not scientific but I feel it has some
relevance.

The Hopi and many other NA tribes do not consider the Navajo to be related
to them. This is based upon their respective oral traditions and legends
passed down through their shamans/medicine men. Also if language is taken
into consideration, as most are aware, the Navajo language is based on
Athabascan's
Note the famous Navajo "Code Talkers" in World War 2

It would be interesting to see if DNA comparisons have been undertaken
between the different NA tribes.

--
Al Calkins in Durango, Colorado

This thread: