From: Nancy Kiser <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] The Guild of One-Name Studies and DNA
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:07:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Diana,

We subscribe to two hit counters, Googles Analytics and Histats, both of which are free.  They can be attached to any number of websites.  I review and analyze the data from these two hit counters nearly every day to see what is popular and what is not, where the viewers are coming from, how long they look at particular pages or articles, what search terms they use to find us, etc.  Although our GOONS website does not get as much traffic as our independent website, it gets a much larger percentage of British traffic.

By the way, I am a 63 year old retiree and do not consider myself to be especially techy.  Luckily, I have a young 40-ish co-admin who is very techy and very internet savvy.  He is the one who has set up all the websites, attached the hit counters, etc.  In fact, this weekend he attached Facebook, Twitter, Share and RSS buttons to the blog which is posted on our main, independent website.  All I have to do is continue to write the blog.  Boy, are we cookin' now!

Nancy