From: Nancy Kiser <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] The Guild of One-Name Studies and DNA
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:51:39 -0700 (PDT)

As I said, I am not very techy and my co-admin does not subscribe to this list because he thinks it is too contentious.  He does belong to the ISOGG list and has recently been explaining to people on that list how to add counters like Google Analytics to your WFN and FTDNA websites.  You can do it if you are good at website building and understand HTML, Java script, etc.  If you want, I will ask Tom to contact you off-list.

However, I vaguely understand some general concepts which I will try to briefly explain.  Our GOONS website is a subdomain of our independent website, so we can add whatever we want to it.  The profile at GOONS is on their platform and has a separate counter which is supplied by GOONS.  WFN also supplies a simple counter which just shows number of reads but no additional info like where the hits originate.  A long time ago (before I had Tom as a co-admin), I asked Max Blankfeld at FTDNA to add a counter to our website there, which he did.  Again, it is just a simple counter that does not give you any additional analytic info.

That is the best I can do, but like I said, I can ask Tom to contact you if you want more details about how to add sophisticated counters to various websites on various platforms.

Nancy