From: Robert Hughes <>
Subject: [DNA] Spam and Truth-In-Advertising Laws
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:10:59 -0400

The recent posts on Spam by Jim Bullock and Wilcox Lisa brings this to
mind from Readers Digest

What if spammers were subject to truth-in-advertising laws? E-mail
subject lines would look a lot different.
Subject:
Cool New Computer Viruses!
Your Bank Account is Already Secure and Updated---No Action Required.
Hi Jim, Despite My Friendly Tone, I Don’t Know You.
Debt? Bad Credit? Foreclosure? It’s All Your Fault.
Free Gift! We Get You on the Outrageous Shipping and Handling Charges.
Your Financial Ruin Is Just a Click Away.
Sorry, You Didn’t Win Our Sweepstakes.
Hot, Sexy Girls Don’t Have Anything to Say to You.
Act Whenever—Supplies Will Last.
Satisfaction Unlikely.
Regards, Robert
So far, I have gotten from the Census Bureau,
A pre Census letter telling me how important it is that I fill out
the Census form,
Then the actual form to fill out
And today a postcard from the Bureau calling me an outlaw if I don’t
complete and return the form.

This thread: