From: Harold Vannoy <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Comparing FGS and 23andMe mtDNA Tests - Results Don'tAgree
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:52:13 -0400

It appears that the formatting got jumbled in my post. Let me
express it in a different way:

At rCRS 185, the FGS result was A, 23andMe result was T

At rCRS 825, the FGS result was T, 23andMe result was C

At rCRS 3552, the FGS result was T and the 23andMe result was A

At rCRS 8285, the FGS result was C and the 23andMe result was I

At rCRS 15884, the FGS result was G and the 23andMe result (for 2nd
SNP at this position) was T

At rCRS 16093, the FGS result was T and the 23andMe result was A

At rCRS 16129, the FGS result was G and the 23 and Me result (for 2nd
SNP at this position) was C

How can I determine which result is correct?

At 08:16 PM 3/23/2010, you wrote:

>My most troubling find has been that I get different genotype
>readings for some of the SNPs on the two test results from the two companies:

This thread: