From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:03:05 -0600

Al, Here is my suspicion. I hope someone will do some math and play with
it.

These matches have passed such and such threshold of showing common blocks.
There is the average rate at which this should happen as relationship gets
more distant, and then there are the statistical flucuations. There is some
randomness to the cross over activities.

Suppose the number of relatives grows sufficiently rapidly with each
additional step of distance between us and our relatives, that the "matches"
due to statistical flucuations of the more and more distant relatives swamps
those expected on average from the 5th or closer relatives?