From: Angela Cone <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder results
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:23:56 +1300

Hello Tim,

The short answer is: I made the diagrams in "Photoshop",.. I created a
chromosome template from scratch (using the 23andMe inheritance diagram as a
design guide - but rotated and flipped) with several different design
layers, and then coloured the chromosomes using three grandparent-grandchild
inheritance diagrams as a guide. I then added in a small 3 generation
family tree using a tree output made in "Genopro", and then imported it into
the photoshop.file Effectively it was all done "by hand" but using the
existing 23andMe diagrams as a guide.

There were quite alot of steps in creating the diagram,.. much of it was
done without thinking about it too much, as I am quite familiar with using
photoshop for my photography/art work (so alot of the techniques I used are
automatic for me),.. so it would take me quite a while to give step by step
instructions on how to replicate what I did.... it would probably take me
less time for me to create the diagrams for you than to explain how to do
them.

I've actually been thinking of offering a service to people, creating
grandchild/grandparent diagrams for them from either 23andMe or FTDNA
"family finder" data, and over the last few days have been creating a more
generic chromosome template that I could potentially use. - more generic in
the sense that it doesn't look identical to a 23andMe chromosome diagram or
a FTDNA Chromosome diagram or a Decodeme chromosome diagram.

Angela.