From: Mary Guler <>
Subject: [DNA] Family Finder Test
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:13:50 -0700 (PDT)

I also have a couple of questions about the Family Finder Test.

My brother gave the initial swab; however, they don't have enough DNA specimen and will be sending a new collection kit.  Should it be a male in the line that gives the DNA, or could I (a female) give it on this round?

I have tested for 67 markers (Y) and L21, and tested mtDNA.  I am in a surname group, where I have no matches with the surname, 1 match at 25 markers and a genetic distance of 1, and 12 matches at 25 with a genetic distance of 2.  There are NO matches at 37 or 67 markers.  Is this Family Finder Test going to be likely to have any matches, when I have not had matches of significance in what has already been done?

Thanks for any insight!
Mary

This thread: