From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder Test
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:18:20 -0700

Dear Janis,
It definitely makes sense for you to have both your brother and you
tested, assuming that both of your parents are deceased. If both of your
parents are alive, then the best option would be to test both of your
parents. Testing your brother and you at that point is optional since your
brother and you won't have any SNPs on the Family Finder panel that your
parents don't already have. If one of your parents is alive, I would
suggest testing the living parent as well as your brother and you. If both
of your parents are dead, then having your brother's results will increase
the data you have and will allow you to find more matches who are related to
you. Since my grandparents are dead, I have been testing all of my aunts
and uncles who are willing to be tested.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen