Subject: Re: [DNA] New 23andMe Feature - Profile SmartSearch
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:24:06 EDT

Me, too! Don't forget you can add any special interests to your profile
that you want (e.g. Mennonite, Cherokee, Cajun, whatever), but be sure to
capitalize them if you want to make them searchable terms. I am going to add
Hearing in case anyone mentions hearing loss or hearing impairment.

We've always been able to search profiles for one term at a time, but this
new feature prioritizes your hits so that items with more than one matching
term move to the top of the list. I noticed that my maternal and paternal
uncles were right at the top because of the number of names we share.

It doesn't seem to recognize if you switch names while you're in the
Ancestry Labs section, but I got it to work when I backed out of Labs to make the
switch.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 3/26/2010 5:38:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> 23andMe has a new feature found under Ancestry->23andMe Labs. It is
> called Profile SmartSearch. I put the description below. You can use the
> feature to "Find people in the community with similar profiles and interests."
>
> It's time to update my profile.

This thread: