From: Sam Sloan <>
Subject: [DNA] Help Please in Interpreting these results
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:09:15 -0400

I just got back my mtDna result. The result was:

Haplogroup - T

*
HVR1 differences from CRS
16126C
16182C
16183C
16189C
16294T
16296T
16298C
16519C

This returned 258 matches. What does this mean? None of the names are
recognizable. As far as we know, my mother's-mother's mother came from
Scotland.
I was surprised to see more matches from Germany than Scotland.
However, since matches go back 52 generations which is about 1500
years and English is a Germanic language, perhaps this is because
modern-day Scots came from Germany.

It says that I have not upgraded to HRV2 and FGS.

What are these tests and will they help me?

Sam Sloan

This thread: