Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder Test
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:22:24 EDT

If some of the participants are 3rd or maybe 4th cousins, they would most
likely form small clusters. Even more distant cousins can be detected, but
the probablility of a match on autosomal DNA drops off rather quickly. More
intriguing to me is that autosomal DNA opens up an avenue of connection for
people who don't have straight male line connection to a Clan Donald
participant.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 3/26/2010 7:07:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> If autosomal results reveal that there is a relationship which turns out
> to be in the paternal or maternal line, could it not sort Y-DNA and MtDNA
> results into smaller related groups in large projects such as Clan Donald
> DNA?
> Elizabeth Bennett

This thread: