From: mtDNA H Project <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder Test
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:25:55 -0500

Elizabeth,

What a high resolution autosomal test like Family Finder can do for a
group of people who almost match through Y-DNA67 tests is narrow the
time to a common ancestor.

For example a 65/67 marker match may still be 16 generations or so
back. If the two people take an autosomal test then it will tell them
if they are 1st, 2nd... 5th, distant, or too distant to detect
cousins.

This lets you focus on researching the traditional records of those
Y-DNA matches who have a chance of being related in the last five
generations.

I think that that will indirectly help with what you are talking
about. I know that Dr. Doug McDonald is also working on detecting
population structure in the Scottish Clans using autosomal tests.