From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Help Please in Interpreting these results
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:44:27 -0700

Dear Sam,
I don't recall anyone responding to your inquiry below so I thought
I would respond. As you mentioned, your HVR 1 mutations are relatively
common. I found about 100 people in Mitosearch (www.mitosearch.org) and 117
people in the SMGF database (www.smgf.org) who had a HVR 1 haplotype
matching yours. Probably the best thing you could do at this point would be
to upgrade to a mitochondrial full genome sequence and then first look at
close matches to your FGS. Then look at close matches to the combination of
your HVR 1 and HVR 2 results in Mitosearch and the SMGF database for
potential genealogical connections if you don't find any close matches to
your FGS.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen