From: John S Walden <>
Subject: [DNA] FTDNA Family Finder Match
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:22:35 -0400

My FTDNA Family Finder results shows 4 matches.
When I look at my results along with 2 others I note a common block for all
3 of us

See result here
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jswdna/jsw-ftdna-matches%20.jpg

The common block on chromosome 10 is about 500 SNPs long
The end of the two blocks are not quite identical

Any thoughts on what this means?
Is there any extra value to be placed on this or
Is it just a random match?

The Green match and I both have ancestors who lived in the Germanna Colony
of Virginia circa 1720
but we do not (yet) have a common ancestor in our pedigrees
The green is predicted
4th Cousin 3rd Cousin - 5th Cousin 33.84cM
Largest block 20.21
The blue is predicted 5th Cousin - Distant Cousin 38.92cM Largest Block

7.80

Thoughts??
Thanks
John W