Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA Family Finder Match
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:29:21 EDT

Just eyeballing it, I'd say the segments are too small to be meaningful for
recent ancestry.

For a comparison point, people with results at deCODEme (original or
transferred from 23andMe during a special promotional offer) can adjust thresholds
over a wide range. When I get down to the 1 Mb threshold, I have matches
with every single sample in the Human Genome Diversity Panel, including Biaka
Pygmies, Papua New Guineans, and the Surui Indians of South America. With a
2 Mb threshold, the Pygmies drop out but I still show some sharing with the
Bantu. These matches are simply (but profoundly) a reflection of the fact
that we all have common ancestors if we go back far enough.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 3/28/2010 8:23:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> When I look at my results along with 2 others I note a  common block for
> all
> 3 of us
>
> See result here
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jswdna/jsw-ftdna-matches%