Subject: Re: [DNA] Questions about alternate means of searching DNA Genealogy
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 01:51:01 +0000

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. I realize that a 25 marker match still has room for error. I was planning on extending the marker test once I found a match at 25 markers.

Your other idea seems very intriguiging. I can certainly see how that would give me my ancestor's DNA makeup, but once I have that profile that wouldn't necessarily increase my chances of finding a match, correct? It would provide me with a clearer picture of his DNA. My understanding of Y-chromisome DNA is that over 6 generations there would not be many mutations that occurred during this time period. Is that right, or did I misinterperet something?