From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] When? Addition of new SNPs to Advanced menu and drafthaplotree
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:09:48 -0500

What do you mean by that? Are you suggesting that FTDNA is about to offer a
full-Y scan at an attractive price that makes all present and past WTY tests
obsolete? Do you have specific knowledge of this, or are you even more
wildly optimistic than I? :)

You can't possibly be referring to Family Finder, because it is meaningless
for relationships farther back than 5 generations and therefore has almost
no utility overlap with yDNA at all.

Or are you simply agreeing with me that FTDNA has apparently abandoned WTY
(including work already paid for) in order to focus on Family Finder?

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Al Aburto
> It (testing of new WTY SNPs) is overtaken by events I think.

This thread: