From: Margaret Jordan <>
Subject: [DNA] Is DYS=13 rare in Subclade L21 of R1b1b2?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:21:25 +0100

Hi,

I have noticed that one subgroup (Group 3: Tipperary/Kilkenny) of the
O'Shea Surname Project consistently has DYS426=13 whereas the other two
main subgroups have DYS426=12. There are two confirmed L21+ members with
DYS426=13 and I have been looking at results in other projects like the
Ireland yDNA Project, L21+ etc. and I have seen very few instances of
DYS426=13 in the L21+ subclade or even R1b1b2.

Here is a link to the results spreadsheet at Family Tree DNA for the
O'Shea Project:
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/oshea/default.aspx?section=yresults

I would welcome any thoughts on this. Is it rare?

Regards,
Margaret Jordan
O'Shea yDNA Project and Ireland yDNA Project

This thread: