From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] When? Addition of new SNPs to Advanced menu and,draft haplotree
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:58:10 -0400

Customer researchers need to be engaged with FTDNA as much as
possible. That means monitoring the WTY results and requesting (as
often as necessary) the SNPs that are thought to be valuable.

I think everyone should acknowledge to themselves that WTY is a money-
losing, experimental program from FTDNA. Demand for it was much
greater than anticipated, and it peaked at the same time that FTDNA
was undertaking a number of other intensive endeavors: Dashboard,
FMS, Family Finder, and so on. I too wish the setup of the program
were more complete and effective, but frankly I feel pretty lucky we
have the product at all. If it were my company, I'd never have
offered it - certainly not at such a low price and to so many customers.

VV

On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Lawrence Mayka wrote:

> There is a rumor that some of these newly discovered SNPs will be
> available
> to order soon. All we can do is wait.

This thread: