From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Insertions and Deletions in coding regions
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:09:18 -0700

That's true for coding regions, but not elsewhere in the genome. Each gene
has a start codon and a stop codon, so the translation machinery can get
lined up regardless of indels in the intergenic regions.

John hasn't posted an example of what he was looking at, though, so I don't
know whether he was looking at a gene or not.

Ann Turner