From: Steven Bird <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Request for I-M423 modal haplotype
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:20:54 -0400

I love how everyone here is willing to interpret each other's motives so quickly. :-) I plan to use a summary mode and median haplotype as the assumed ancestral haplotype to run calculations in Ytime of a set of haplotypes from Montenegro to compare with the age of other haplogroups in the same region. The program needs an assumed ancestral modal of all M423 haplotypes to function correctly. Nothing more sinister than that. Scientific inquiry based on empirical evidence, ya know?

You may now return to your regular programming.

Steve