From: Barbara Stabley <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] thoughts on how finding matches could be made
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:37:06 -0700 (PDT)

That's all well and good, if it can be accomplished.  However, I have 2 problems with placing my gedcom with my FF surname list.   Number 1, for whatever reason FTDNA doesn't allow me to upload some of mine.   I am in charge of 3 (going on 5) test results.  Some have both YDNA and mtDNA.  One allowed me to upload the YDNA gedcom but not the mtDNA.  So a whole block of surnames in not available.   Second, with my own mtDNA gecom, it leaves out my paternal familiies - because I have my gedcoms divided - one for my paternal line and one for my maternal.  Same problem as above - one family's data is missing.

On my FF surname lists, I have all the direct line ancestors. Somewhere on each list, I have written in "pedigree available".  Thus anyone who looks through my surname list and wants more details can send me an e-mail and I'll send them the url for my gedcoms at worldconnect.  Which by the way, lists everyone in my database.  From what I've seen of the gedcoms featured with FF, they are trees - the direct lines,  there are no siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins.  In genealogy there's a big difference between a pedigree chart and a family group sheet.

Barb

......... message being replied to...........
Message: 2