From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] J2b2 SNPs pertinent to Europe or not?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 00:01:49 -0400

Hi Lawrence,

No, I have never heard of anyone testing positive for any of those SNPs,
though if one had a haplotype that was enough of an outlier, it would be
worth trying. Why don't you have him join the J Haplogroup project, and
I can compare him with all the others in J2b. If he looks like he fits
into the normal variation within J2b2, you could figure he probably
belongs to it and leave it at that. I haven't the time to look in
Ysearch now, but if he doesn't have any really strange marker values, I
wouldn't press him to go with the Deep Clade test, since you're
concerned with economy. I'll have to look into the question of whether
those SNPs might actually be private ones, and see whether they should
be marked as such on the ISOGG tree in the upcoming revision.

Bonnie

This thread: