From: Gregory Magoon <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Experimenting with Family Finder Chromosome Browser
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:40:41 -0400

Relative to me, Relative Finder predicted the relationship with one as
5th cousin with a range of 3rd to 10th; the actual relationship
through the common ancestors we identified was
9th-cousin-once-removed. The shared segment with the other individual
was indicated to be longer, and the relationship was predicted as 5th
with a range of 3rd to 7th; the actual relationship via the same
common ancestors is roughly 10th cousin (I haven't gotten details
yet). I haven't yet confidently ruled out the possibility that there
is some closer unidentified common ancestor for all three of us that
is the source of the genetic connection, so I'm hoping to gather
additional evidence in the future by investigating other matches that
share the same at the same location.

Greg

> I have a question - what was your predicted relationship with your
> 10th cousins? Just curious.
> Patricia

This thread: