From: John S Walden <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Experimenting with Family Finder Chromosome Browser
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:29:21 -0400

This thread got me to pop the issue of common blocks to the top of my list

In my family I have a Family Finder with results that have 59 matches. (all
levels)

There is one block that matches 16 others
None of these are in the "Close or Immediate" category of FTDNA
While not all the blocks same they all fall on chromosome 17 from 66 mB to
76mB
most of the blocks are in the 8 cM range.

Am I correct that these could actually be two groups
Each group matching one of the two strands in my families chromosome 17?

Is that really likely? I would think these would all be matching the same
strand.

Does this mean that all 17 of us have a common ancestor we can look for?

>From what David F posted earlier he would say NO.

On the other hand this has to be more than happenstance and thus should
be researched - right?

Any thoughts on the meaning of this match?

John W

This thread: