From: Anders Pålsen <>
Subject: [DNA] PopAffiliator - the final DNATribes terminator?
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 08:41:13 +0100 (BST)

I didnt see anything about the PopAffiliator program posted on this list, maybe because its kind of "retro" these days with 550k-1mb chip analysis as state of the art. Its analysis is based in only 17 autosomal STR but my first impression based on inputing my owm STR data it outperforms both DNATribes, Omnipop and my own STRUCTURE based analsys as it actually manage to affiliate me with very high probobability to the "euroasian" group. This was not the case with DNATribes f ex.

http://cracs.fc.up.pt/popaffiliator/

Anders

This thread: