From: Anders Pålsen <>
Subject: [DNA] Fennoscandia Biographic Project - Pilot
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 07:54:19 +0100 (BST)

List and others,

I have for a long time wondered about how the autosomal biographic structure are for the population of Fennoscandia. I believe now there are so many people from Norway, Sweden and Finland who have tested at 23andme that this should now be possible.

This is a time limited project all genomes will be deleted at completion and each participant will get their STRUCTURE like graph showing their clustering withing the region.

This is a ancestry project only. Completion time depend on how quickly enough genomes comes inn.

Requirements:

1) Tested with 23andme.
2) Main ancestry from Norway, Sweden or Finland.
3) All grandparents must be born in these countries, ex finnish mother and swedish father OK.

Methods:

1) 23andme raw data files as downloaded from 23andme.
2) Analysed using genetic software ADMIXTURE
3) Ancestry presented in a STRUCTURE like graph.

Anders

This thread: