From: Anders Pålsen <>
Subject: [DNA] Fennoscandia Biographic Project - Pilot
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 07:54:19 +0100 (BST)

List and others,

I have for a long time wondered about how the autosomal biographic structure are for the population of Fennoscandia. I believe now there are so many people from Norway, Sweden and Finland who have tested at 23andme that this should now be possible.

This is a time limited project all genomes will be deleted at completion and each participant will get their STRUCTURE like graph showing their clustering withing the region.

This is a ancestry project only. Completion time depend on how quickly enough genomes comes inn.

1) Tested with 23andme.
2) Main ancestry from Norway, Sweden or Finland.
3) All grandparents must be born in these countries, ex finnish mother and swedish father OK.

1) 23andme raw data files as downloaded from 23andme.
2) Analysed using genetic software ADMIXTURE
3) Ancestry presented in a STRUCTURE like graph.

This thread: