From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Age of Zhong et al. (2010) R1b-related lineages
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:01:46 -0500

I'm not sure where the following came from. There is no evidence,
certainly none in this thread, that R1b was in either China or Africa
by 11,000 years ago.

The arrival of R-M73 in East Asia is surely much more recent than
that, and the arrival of R-V88 in Africa almost surely is as well.

VV

On Nov 18, 2010, at 12:40 PM, wrote:

> I take from your calculations (and others posted on this thread)
> that "R1b" may have been near China some 11000 years ago while R-V88
> was about at the same time in Africa. This is (would be ?) a huge
> geographical dispersal.

This thread: