From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] NW European R1b from Iberia?
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 18:01:29 -0500

On Dec 8, 2010, at 5:45 PM, wrote:

> I am tired to remind you that frequency is not the most important
> factor by itself, only in combination with a number of other factors.

When you have rested up, I can send you some papers to help you learn
that frequency is probably the LEAST important factor: to the point
of being irrelevant.

>> If you want variance data, I can show it to you
>
> No, I do not. See above. And below. And elsewhere.

Precisely the problem. A refusal to consider the data (ALL of it) is
bound to lead to errant conclusions as, it appears, it has here.

>> I can show that the variance gradient for R-M269 flows
> clearly from SW Asia (oldest) towards NW Europe (youngest), not from
> SW Europe to NE Europe. That is data, but spelling it out is moot as
> long as you obstinately duck the discussion.
>
> :-))) Thank you for citing my data. I have them published for the
> last 2-3 years.

Please. Why would I cite your data, when you took it from me and
other published sources? Besides, I'm not even sure you know what
variance is. It certainly isn't "average number of mutations per
marker".

VV

This thread: