From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] NW European R1b from Iberia?
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:07:39 -0800

Dear Anatole,
Thanks for your additional messages earlier this am. I think that
it is interesting to see your data for R-U106* which suggests that the
variance for R-U106* is highest in SE Europe. Your results showed a pattern
that was fairly similar to the results I had in February for R-U106*. See
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2010-02/12667362
97. It is also interesting that your data for R-P312* suggests a higher
variance in Eastern Europe than in Spain and Portugal.
I think that the key here is trying to figure out where the R-L11
SNP occurred. The data I included in my message last night would suggest
that the R-L11 SNP could have originated in France or England. However, if
the variance for R-U106* is highest in SE Europe and for R-P312* is highest
in Eastern Europe this would suggest that R-L11 may well have originated on
the Russian Plain and/or in Anatolia as you suggested earlier today. If so,
this would help explain the presence of the one R-L11* haplotype from
Armenia in Vince's project.
It will be interesting to see follow this situation as more R-L11*
and R-L51* haplotypes become available in the future.

Sincerely,
Tim Janzen