From: Mike W <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] NW European R1b from Iberia?
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 16:29:33 -0600

Tim and Vince,

Thanks for your clarifying comments. The key point I get is that a
TMRCA for a paragroup (i.e. P312*) should not be used to infer the age
for the subclade itself (i.e. P312 all).

Another caution in comparing paragroup variance and TMRCA calculations
would also be that P312* in one location may not be equivalent to
P312* in another. For example, P312* in Iberia may include an entirely
different set and/or mix of unknown subclades than a P312* collection
from Eastern Europe.

Regards, Mike