From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] NW European R1b from Iberia?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 19:32:33 -0500

> From: Vincent Vizachero <>
> Here's the first mistake.... when you are comparing R-P312* from
> far-flung
> places it is becomes even more problematic: does R-P312* in the
> Balkans have the SAME MRCA as the R-P312* in France? You don't know,
> and neither does anyone else.

My response:

You do not know, but do I know. Welcome to DNA genealogy. If R-P312* in the
Balkans has a different common ancestor than one in France, the haplotype
tree splits into two distinct branches. They should be analyzed and
calculated separately.

The third common ancestor will produce yet another distinct branch in the
haplotype tree. This is a whole point for the appropriate considerations of
haplotypes in DNA genealogy.

Anatole Klyosov

This thread: