From: William Hancock <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re : Is basque an Indo-European language ?
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 13:13:15 -0800 (PST)

Dear (I gather "Cher" is too personal) Didier and Bernard,

I have not studied French formally, but can recognize the general meaning of nearly all the French quoted below.  However, I still feel the need for an English translation to get more out of reading a whole article.

Would it be asking too much for one of you to translate portions of the dissertation for the benefit of myself and others like me who are not sufficiently competent in French to read the paper directly?

Please don't worry about doing a quality translation.  A quick, perhaps imperfect, translation of key portions would suffice.  I want to minimize the burden upon you.

That the Basque language could somehow be Indo-European is very intriguing!

Thank you for consideration of this request.

Bill Hancock
(A resident for a short while in Villefranche sur mer, France, many years ago.)